I love reading, all I want to do is read and read. Books are home. It like having silent conversations with an Author. When I am reading i am exposed to new thoughts; I ponder over them and even embrace them sometimes.
“You cannot open a book without learning something-Confucius”
I have been reading for years now. And I have discovered that not all books can be read in a same way. Today I will like to share with you different ways to read a book.
- Studying– studying is reading at its best. This is a reading that should be done with only choicest books. When you study a book. You labor over it. You read with highlighter in hand. Usual academic books are the best books for study.
- Devotional– devotional reading is reading deep truth meant to make a deep impact on your faith. The Christian faith have many devotional works that are drawn from the Bible.
- Skimming-skimming reading is when we give little effort on reading. Other people have made this their dominant form of reading. This is normally not good for development as a reader. Don’t make skimming your only form of reading. But also don’t feel guilty if you find some read earn a right to skim.
- Rerun-rerun reading is returning to an old favourite to read it again. This may be that old novel. It may be that formative book that meant so much to you when you first read it. It can either be a phrase or words.
- Pillaging– pillaging is a form of reading when the book is in a familiar category and written to be very practical. I usually read them in fast pace, as only tips that I look for to pond and apply.
“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the books-Dr Seuss”
I love books. Books possess unique power to entertain us, comfort us, challenge us, and inspire us. I love to different books from novels, history books, religious books and autobiographies are my favourite.
“A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition. Like money, books must be kept in constant circulation.”
I wasn’t introduced to reading books as a hobby until I was a teenager.from then there have been part of my life. I have befriend with many friends of same interest. I have even founded a book club [Virtuous Women Book Club] it has always helped me to be more interested in to reading, knowing that every month we do reviews. A book is not only friend. It makes friends for me- I have learnt that over the years.
“There is more treasure in books than in the entire pirate’s loot on Treasure Island-Walt Disney”
In year 2017 I have goal myself to read 100 new books. I have read 14 new books so far. This year in want to read more. If possible please suggest how I can stay reading. I have much cup of coffee and my heart is open to magical journey. Reading in this generation is necessary thing to do.